Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Yellow Room


 
 
I always remember washing walls in this room and I hated it! not sure why but it was just that room. Kayla and Annie having sleep overs all the time and them staying up late talking! Tyanna

So this was my bedroom. When I was little it had pink flowery wall paper, and then a border of pink teddy bears.  Next it was a soft yellow, with a purple themed flowered border of wallpaper. I had a matching yellow/purple flower quilt and matching curtains too. Then just a couple years ago we painted it this color and got new quilt etc.hmmmm what does my room remind me of?  nightly phone calls with friends, journal writing, sleepovers with friends and staying up super late probably gossping, staying up really late reading.  I remember wanting to sleep in the closet sometimes. Thought it would be cool to have my own little personal space in the closet. haha. I used to lay on my bed and look at the stars out my window. Climbing out my window to hang out on the roof - all the time!  Around Christmas time, I would fall asleep always looking out at the lights hanging above my window and think of Reindeer and Santa, and I would listen for them on Christmas eve. :)
I remember the boys would always come in our room, turn on the lights and throw our blankets off, then yell at us to come down for scriptures. Oh I hated when they did that. Sometimes they would come in with the vacuum, because they had to vacuum upstairs or they couldn't go to practice or something. hated that too.

-Seems like I have ALWAYS had that dresser... -maybe I have.. the dresser just makes me think about all the things I used to have on it. My music playing spinning horse. A teddy bear. Winter decor in winter. Pictures on the mirror. Medals hanging off of side of mirror. Kayla

The three girls shared this room when I was young. we had that double bed and the single blue matress. we always fought over who got the single cause we didn't want to sleep with the other. kayla and I would always fight about where the line was on the bed. it looks much better now yellow than with all the wall paper and pink colors. I remember kayla always on the phone with some friend or boy late at night and I would be mad at her on the inside cause she I could hear her from my room. when kayla left I would sometimes go in here to write in my journal or talk on the phone cause it was always clean and rarely used. Janae

3 comments:

  1. I always remember washing walls in this room and I hated it! not sure why but it was just that room. Kayla and Annie having sleep overs all the time and them staying up late talking! Tyanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know. . . going out the window to put Christmas lights up or be on the roof. wallpaper stuff. Ya.

    Ez

    ReplyDelete
  3. Taking off the wallpaper, I thought the teddy bears were so cute! Perfect for the little girls. I think that old natural wood dresser used to be in there that came up from the babies room. Putting clothes away in the closet, helping the girls pick out their dresses for church. Looking in their closet and thinking they had the cutest clothes. All of the old prom dresses and Mom's old dresses hanging in there

    ReplyDelete