Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Big Room


It was boys room forever and remember always running in there and them always getting mad.I will never forget mom and dad were gone one day and Amron had us girls come into the room and he had a awesome idea so we were laying on his bed and he said he had a list for us to do and we had to get it done as fast as we could and see who the winner would be. So us girls thought it was cool,not knowing that it was all his jobs to do! We did it though and found out later! I got to pick the new colors when I moved in and I still love the colors in there! It was awesome moving in there,so cool to have a huge room all to myself! Tyanna



This was the boys' room (Ezra, Aaron and Amron)
It had dark blue paint, with a geese wallpaper border at first. Then Amron moved downstairs and the twins got a basketball border. I remember taking down all the geese wallpaper. Us girls were helping mom because it was a surprise for the boys to get the new sports wallpaper. After it was done I thought it was so cool, and wanted to have a basketball themed wallpaper border in my room.

After Ezra and Aaron moved out, Tyanna got this room. For whatever reason I remember one time us three younger girls (me Tyanna and Janae) were super hyper one night and we were jumping on the boys' beds and giggling and yelling and I clearly remember having my pink minnie mouse night gown on and I think the boys were at Bball Practice, because I don't remember them being there. Anyway we were running from room to room, jumping on the boys' beds mostly when we heard my dad yell " GIRLS!!! quiet down up there!!!!" I remember we all giggled ourselves silly and tried to be quiet, but you know how that can go for little kids. I think he ended up having to come up and put us in our beds.

I also remember Amron had to sleep up here on Christmas Eve and one year, Dad said I had to ask Amron if it was time to get up yet. I remember going in there and asking Amron if we could get up yet, probably 3 or 4 times before 6am....  waiting for Christmas morning as a kid is like torture! Kayla

I remember the basketball wallpaper. I thought it was so cool and I wanted it in my room. I remember keeping an extra piece of it when I was young cause I was going to put it up on my wall. once the boys moved out tyanna moved in here and I got the blue room. I was so excited to have my own room! I remember painting it the colors it is now and putting the flooring in. I think amron did a lot of it. and tyanna got that big nice bed! it was so nice I remember always asking tyanna if I could sleep with her cause I wanted to sleep on the nice soft mattress. then once everyone was out of the house but me I basically lived in the blue room but slept in here cause the bed was so much nicer and I didn't have to clean my room in order to sleep on my bed. But sometimes I would get scared easily in that room by myself because of all the empty dark space and it echoed pretty good.
I remember lots of talks with Emily Tiffany and Jill in this room. Janae

4 comments:

  1. It was boys room forever and remember always running in there and them always getting mad.I will never forget mom and dad were gone one day and Amron had us girls come into the room and he had a awesome idea so we were laying on his bed and he said he had a list for us to do and we had to get it done as fast as we could and see who the winner would be. So us girls thought it was cool,not knowing that it was all his jobs to do! We did it though and found out later! I got to pick the new colors when I moved in and I still love the colors in there! It was awesome moving in there,so cool to have a huge room all to myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was the best room ever. I remember the bed falling in (always) sleeping with Aaron and punching each other. Amron calmly, peacefully at rest on his own bed next to the wall. Baseball cards and other things in the closet, and our unworn scout shirts hanging untouched for years. I also remember jumping off the roof onto the trampoline from there, playing baseball with badminton rackets and socks. Having friends and cousins over. I also remember hearing Dad walk up the stairs and dreading that we had to wake up. Dad always peacefully woke us up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how Mom finished this room, it is so beautiful! I remember the dark blue paint, geese border, then balls. The boys room was always so dirty!! Sometimes you could hardly walk to the closet to put clothes away. Mom coming in and throwing everything out of the closet cause it was so dirty. Ezra and Aaron sleeping close to each other cause the mattress sloped in so bad, ahh that was so funny!! Jumping on beds, hiding under beds, hiding in the bottom of the closet, our house was awesome for hide and seek! Having to wake the boys up in the morning and them complaining about going out to milk the cow, I was always jealous, I din't want to have to stay inside and clean and make everyone's lunches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sleeping with Ezra.... I think I have still slept with Ezra more than Marissa. That bed sucked. I remember getting that bed from Grandmas. And it smelled bad.

    We did have some good games with rolled up socks in there. Climbing out the window. Not sure what was so exciting about that. Nothing will make you scared so much as the bed falling in in the middle of the night. I think that has taken a year off of my life.

    I remember Dad waking us up. Burning daylight!! I am not sure if that is possible before the sun is up.

    I hope Amron was comfortable in his bed.

    ReplyDelete