Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Blue Room


This was Teija's room at first, and it had pink and white flowerly wallpaper over the whole thing... I don't know what after that.... after Teija moved out Tyanna moved in to this one. Then it became Janae's. (Yes I stayed in the same room for my whole life. I felt like I would be abandoning my life if I switched rooms). This room mostly reminds me of curling hair for some reason. I guess cause it had a dresser/ mirror with bench to sit on, so we always curled hair in this room. This picture doesn't show all the shelves to the left, but I painted them. All of the grad dresses and Teija's wedding dress were in the closet in this room forever. All of Janae's 'stuff'' on the shelves.

I felt pretty lucky to get to choose the color that went into the room. I really wanted a baby blue. Its a good color but I think the only reason I liked it so much was because that was tyanna's favorite color at the time and I wanted to be just like her haha. Then mom picked out the quilt in Utah and I really didn't like it for some reason, but it grew on me after a while and it looked good. I loved the night stand and always hated it when it got cluttered with things I liked to see the pretty white paint. There was always a bunch of random nic nacks on the side shelves.

Many long nights having sleepovers and climbing out the window to sit on the roof and watch the stars or the sunset. moving my bed to the window so I could watch the stars and the Christmas lights and think about how awesome life was. Janae

Used to be Teija's room with lovely wall paper and she had a huge picture frame with her blessing dress and baby picture in it I always thought that was cool that she had that. Then I was lucky enough to move in with her for awhile don't know how she thought of that,but I was so excited to be with my big sister. Then it became my room after she left then down the road it was Janae's. Amron did the shelves and I thought that was cool that he did that and it looks awesome!Lots of times doing hair in the room and crying cause didn't want my hair done! good times! Tyanna

5 comments:

  1. Used to be Teija's room with lovely wall paper and she had a huge picture frame with her blessing dress and baby picture in it I always thought that was cool that she had that. Then I was lucky enough to move in with her for awhile don't know how she thought of that,but I was so excited to be with my big sister. Then it became my room after she left then down the road it was Janae's. Amron did the shelves and I thought that was cool that he did that and it looks awesome!Lots of times doing hair in the room and crying cause didn't want my hair done! good times! TYanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always remember Teijas room being so clean! Probably just because ours was not! Also her big picture with the dress in it and stuff . . . I don't know really what it was just that it was big and had things inside of it. I was always Jealous because Teija got a big bed and I was sharing with fatso Aaron :0)

    Ez

    ReplyDelete
  3. i remember that one time on easter and i stayed in there.also remember that i always went on the roof through the window
    brooklyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. By far my favorite memory of this room is having my bed in the bay window and the glow from the blue Christmas lights shining right in the window. I loved that and couldn't wait to get the Christmas lights up every year. Climbing out of the window to sit on the roof when I was mad, sad or whatever. I remember writing a lot while I was out there. The girls always coming in to sleep with me. Having a plug in heater in my room, because it wouldn't get warm enough when it was super cold outside. Loved seeing my basketball jersey's hanging up in my closet

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sleeping there for our reception was hilarious. Marissa was paranoid someone could see her changing. No blinds. Unless one of the Albertson's bough a really good scope, I told her she would be okay.

    I remember looking at Teija's trophies thinking that was so cool.

    ReplyDelete